Three teenage girls injured in shooting in west London


Three teenage girls shot in North Kensington

Detectives hunting for a gunman, who opened fire outside an address in North Kensington, west London, are said to be investigating whether the attack on Thursday evening was a botched drive-by shooting.

Two of the victims, aged 19 and 18, remain in hospital this morning but are said to be in a stable condition, while the third girl, 17, has now been discharged.

A police spokesperson confirmed officers were alerted to the incident at 7:17pm and have appealed for witnesses to come forward.

Meanwhile, a London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said the 18-year old was treated for gunshot wounds at the scene.

‘She was taken to hospital as a priority, escorted by the air ambulance doctor,’ the spokeswoman said. ‘Two further patients reported to be female teenagers with gunshot wounds made their own way to hospital.’

Scotland Yard confirmed the investigation into the shootings is being led by Trident detectives, who deal with gang crime in the black community.

No arrests have so far been made.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: